Saturday 7 March 2009

Zimbabwe: Morgan Tsvangirai's wife killed in car accident

Link: Morgan Tsvangirai’s wife killed in crash as lorry hits their car [Timesonline]

Morgan Tsvangirai has been injured in an accident that has claimed the life of his wife.  Immediately last night, news stations in the UK were talking about an assassination attempt and while there is no clear evidence to support this, live video of the crash has been confiscated.

Link: Analysis: What Susan Tsvangirai's death means for Zimbabwe [Telegraph]

Link: Fatal Tsvangirai crash 'was not accident', says MDC [Telegraph]

It's difficult to say but there have been numerous suspicious deaths in recent years and this does seem to fit into a pattern of Zanu-PF silencing political adversaries.

We'll have to wait and see.  I just hope this doesn't create too much political instability in an already volatile country.

SHARE:

5 comments

Vanessa said...

This is just so scary.

Mandy said...

I agree. I cannot imagine what he must be going through with losing his wife and he needs to keep going right now without taking time to recover.

And I don't like the idea that this was not an accident.

tenderhooligan said...

Horrific. My first thought was: sabotage. Surely that must be the thinking in ZA/ SA too.

Mandy said...

@ Tenderhooligan: Definitely. Nobody trusts it and it wasn't the first attempt on her well being in recent months.
(You'll have to forgive me tonight - I am catching up with comments).

tenderhooligan said...

That's cool, Emm! I was catching up on blogs when I left all the comments to begin with! ;)

© A Passion to Understand

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig